Our mission is to provide low income high school students with free transportation to school.
Problem: Low income students often don’t have funds to pay for public transportation to get to school, resulting in missed days; lower performance and ultimately higher dropout rates.
○ 2015 CPS Dropout Rate for Economically Disadvantaged Students: 34.1%
○ In 77 of the city’s roughly 680 public schools, at least 99 percent of the students qualify as low income.
Opportunity:Increase access to transportation translates to higher attendance. Higher attendance translates to:
○ Higher revenue for CPS schools
○ Higher graduation rates
○ More postgraduate opportunities
○ Lower spending on juvenile justice